Sunday, November 14, 2010

Theme Thursday Challenge: "Steampunk"



Here's my digital take on the "steampunk" theme (no image was provided). I only recently understood what steampunk art is, and this is my first real attempt. The definition I like best is "a blending of romance and technology." According to ehow.com, "steampunk art mixes modern ideas and technology with those from the past, namely the Victorian Age, when the Industrial Revolution was in full swing and steam was a major source of power. The genre started with literature, where science fiction and fantasy met Victorian-era scientists, but has since evolved to include all art forms, according to Web Urbanist." You can read more at ehow.com: http://www.ehow.com/about_6460244_steampunk-art_.html.

Image credits: graphicsfairy, wikimedia commons, deviantscrap, dover, artfreebies.

7 comments:

K said...

fabulous! great choice of images!

Carol Z. said...

First Wabi-Sabi, and now this! Thanks for the enlightenment.

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic steampunk - you have captured the essence and spark of the style with romance, adventure and fun. Beautiful work!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is brilliant.
Stunning collage. Love it.

Taluula said...

I'm so pleased you 'got' steampunk or we would have missed this awesome piece. Bravo.

the Inner 'I' said...

Did you know Ryan put a link to this on FB? Love, ilene

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Thanks for letting me know, I! I'm honored.:)