explorations in color and design

explorations in color and design

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Playing with Paisley Brushes


I've been trying to figure out how to make my own custom PE5 "brushes." This means that I can take any image (e.g., one I've created myself) and make it into a "stamp" that can be placed anywhere I want in a digital collage I'm creating. I've had mixed success with this process. For some reason, some of the brushes keep disappearing. But I managed to create (and save) some brushes made from drawings of paisley patterns that I did a few years ago. I made two PE5 patterns from these brushes, and added a few other small images from a free brush set I'd downloaded. I then layered the patterns and applied a blending mode, to produce the image shown here.


No comments: