Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Artful Storybook





I usually take at least one art project to work on when we go on our annual beach trip. This year, inspired by the one-of-a-kind artists' storybooks shown in Terry Taylor's The Artful Storybook, I created an altered book that tells a story about our vacation. In my tale, the two of us are a mermaid and a mer-man. Our story is told in the altered pages of a children's science book about the sea. I also incorporated some images from a children's book about mermaids. The result is a rather long book--part storybook, part art journal, part vacation album. So I'll probably just post a few photos of random pages over the next couple of weeks. The photos above show the cover and the first two pages of the book.

1 comment:

the Inner 'I' said...

how gorgeous and what a lot of work you put into this!!! i want to see the WHOLE thing. love, me