Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gelli Plate Printing: Addicted!

As I'm sure many of you know, there's a fairly new art tool for creating quick and fun monoprints with acrylic paint. It's called a Gelli Plate, and I'm officially addicted :).  The Gelli plate is a synthetic gel pad on which you apply thin layers of paint with a brayer. You can produce amazing effects with stencils, stamps, masks, drawing tools, layering prints, etc. So many possibilities! I've taken a couple of online classes, and introduced some other art students to Gelli plate techniques too. I'm also planning to lead a small workshop in the near future.  Gelli printing in groups is wonderful because you can share techniques with each other; there's always lots of invention and discovery!

These are some prints I've created on deli paper using the Gelli Plate and various stencils/tools. Gelli prints can be used in a myriad of ways--for art journaling, mixed media, greeting cards, scrapbooks, gift tags, bookmarks, altered books, etc. I'm enjoying this very colorful way to spend chilly winter days!







 










No comments: