Saturday, January 28, 2012

So-artful Challenge: Georgia O'Keeffe

This week's challenge is to create something inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe. The color scheme suggestions were "sepia or dark tones, or floral theme/colors." I chose to create a floral piece in dark and dramatic tones. I achieved this effect by digitally layering an image of a rose with three backgrounds of my own creation. You can click on the title of this blog posting, above, to visit the So-artful blog and participate in the challenge.

6 comments:

Pauliina said...

This rose is so beautiful! I love the warm colors and the old used effect. A great piece of Art!

Sandi McLean said...

Sherry, this is outrageously beautiful! The challenge certainly inspired to some fabulous pieces. Adore this one :)

peggy gatto said...

dreamy creation!

Yvonne said...

This is so beautiful, Sherry!

CarlaKH said...

I just love this.. the textures and colors are just gorgeous!

Faye said...

This is just what I think of when I hear the name Georgia O'Keeffe. This is beautiful.