Saturday, December 17, 2011

So-artful Challenge: Ceil Chapman Inspired

This is a serendipitous challenge for me! We were challenged to create art inspired by the 1950's fashion designer Ceil Chapman, using pink, black, and/or silver. I was not familiar with her name, so of course turned to the Internet for guidance and found some lovely photos of her fashions.  And since I'm in the middle of Jane Davenport's online class, I "Heart" Drawing (where we're learning some elements of fashion figure drawing as a supplement to one of her earlier classes), I was inspired to create my own little sketch of a vintage Ceil Chapman dress. There are touches of silver in the trim of the dress, although they don't show up well on the scan.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Nicely done! I like how you made the connection between you and her.
Rae Ann O.

Deann said...

Nice work!!!