explorations in color and design

explorations in color and design

Monday, June 20, 2011

Collage Obsession (Beach Babes) and Inspiration Avenue (Summer Sun)



For this beach-themed piece- appropriate for both challenges-- I used the ocean photo provided by Collage Obsession for background; added the bathing beauties from flickr collage images; and created the sun using images from milla and sherriejd. The border is adapted from dover designs. I had so much fun creating this!!! Makes me want to leave for the beach now, rather than in mid-July.

10 comments:

Grannie Annie said...

I love this it is so bright and beautiful the boarder is fabulous Sherry...wonderful Summer picture.

Magpie said...

Ooh la la! I love these vibrant, sexy beach babes. The black and white checks just add to the fun!

Kottage Kreations Jewelry Designs on Etsy said...

How cute:) Rosie cheeks and all! Love the swim suits and the ocean looks inviting right about now!

Rick St. Dennis MFA said...

wonderful! Some chic compant should do these up as picinic napkins-I'd buy them at once!
Good money ln liscensing...

Jo Murray said...

What cuties! Love the swimsuits. Nice collection of images well combined.

Jan said...

Very cheerful and 'beach-like'. Wish I were there with these 3! Sigh.........

Eila A said...

Wonderful trio of beach babes! I can see that you had fun with this, Sherry - it made me smile, too!

Janine said...

Oh yes, this is how the summer tasts

priti.lisa said...

I love how you put all of the seperate elements together...great piece!♥

Claire said...

your entry so made me smile :)