explorations in color and design

explorations in color and design

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Teddy



I'm taking Carol Zika's portrait drawing class at the Columbia Art Center for the second time, and enjoying it even more than last time. Here's a portrait of Teddy Roosevelt I drew from a magazine photo (he's Nelson's hero...who knew?). Since I spent so much time drawing Teddy, I feel that he and I can now be on a first-name basis. Pardon the smudges-- every time I think I have all of them erased, they seem to reappear...

4 comments:

Sara Jones said...

Sherry, this is sooooo good. I knew who it was without you telling. You are very talented, you know.

bluegiraffe said...

Teddy and I thank you for the encouragement, Sara.

the Inner 'I' said...

I am JUST now seeing this - still catching up on email from the trip. I love Teddy. He looks exactly like ... Teddy!
love
ilene

carol z. said...

Two thumbs up!